Added Jun 8, 2009
by Britynn D
Little Rock, Ark...
I made this dress from an old mumu that I found at a rummage sale. It was huge but I loved the bright kelly green color and knew it could have a new life….I used McCall’s pattern M5388 and altered it into a dress. The back of the dress is actually the original front of the mumu, but I liked the buttons so used it as the back. This is my first recycling project and am so happy about it! and especially the fact that it only cost about 50 cents!! haha
huge old mumu found at a rummage sale, thread, McCalls pattern M5388
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.