Added Jun 29, 2012
by lisa g
i used new look 6776 as bridesmaid dresses for my sister’s wedding. since one of the dresses is about my size, i was able to take a few pics! i muslined the bodices first and as always, the sizing was a little big. i made the necessary fit changes and sewed them up (three in total). i don’t live anywhere near the bridesmaids, so i constructed these dresses so that i could make easy alterations before the wedding if necessary. i won’t go into detail here, i have it all outlined in my blog post. i made several changes to the pattern so it would go well with the wedding dress i also made. i’m very happy with the outcome and can’t wait to see all the dresses i made together!
for all the nitty gritty, visit my blog: notes from a mad housewife
poly satin shell, poly taffeta lining
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.