Added Apr 17, 2012
I made my bridal gown and the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding last year.
I had a couple of 1950’s patterns that I used for inspiration, but ended up drafting most of the pattern from scratch. It was a lot of work but so satisfying.
I thought it quite funny that I had designed this dress and purched fabric before the royal wedding last year and was actually told by a saleswoman in an designer fabric store that I couldn’t possibly have a lace edge on my gown because it’s “just not in fashion” – luckily for me I bought all the fabric overseas and ignored her advice : )
The bridesmaids are a discontinued (though I have no idea why) Vogue pattern that I made no alterations to – and was a quite complicated pattern – however I think it worked well.
I am currently planning a second bridal gown for a friend and look forward to your comments and critique.
Duchess Silk and French Alecon Lace
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.