Added Aug 16, 2012
by Claire .
I made this dress for a meeting organized by a french forum. The meeting is based on Dracula, a movie by F.F.Coppola.
I chose to make Lucy’s snake dress because I love green color and it’s not a famous dress.
This costume was hard to make : I painted the snakes with acrylic (a friend helped me) and I had a lot of troubles with patterning the sleeves.
To keep the volume needed, I made undersleeves in thick fabric.
The costume is composed of a bustle, a bumpad, two underskirts, a skirt, an over skirt with snakes and a bodice.
I very happy with how it turned out !
Twists on feminine classics, like a bold patterned shift dress and pants with a racing stripe.
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
Fashion & Trends
See steps on how Meg sewed herself a transitional Jersey suit using colorful jerseys!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.