Bow Tie Attempt One!
Added Aug 24, 2011
Long Island City...
I’m planning on making bowties for my husband-to-be and his groomsmen to wear at the wedding and this was my “trial run”
This tutorial for turning perfect points really helped make “perfect” points.
I also decided to cut my fusible interfacing WITHOUT the seam allowance. This helped a lot because:
1) the fusible interfacing line acted as my guideline on where to sew!
2) it cut down on the bulk and ease of turning the loop of the neck part
- 1/2 yard quilting cotton (this was enough for two bow ties, I messed up the first attempt!)
- heaviest weight fusible interfacing (bought at Steinlauf and Stoller’s in NYC)
- 7/8" sliders
- David #BS-008
- Turn Points when sewing a Bow Tie