Bouncing Bunny in a Tuxedo Costume
Added Dec 1, 2010
Humble, Texas, U...
I took Rob’s Mock Tuxedo Bib #BS-009 pattern and implemented into my daughter’s Halloween costume this year. I followed the pattern exactly and added a few extras to make it work with the costume. The costume was of a rabbit and in my mind all I could envision was Bugs Bunny dressed in his tuxedo. With that in mind I went to work. After completing the tuxedo bib I not only added the buttons to the to the front but also the collar on the sides. The reason for this is because I was making sure that the vest that was to be worn over it would not move away from the bib, so this would keep it straight. Because of the shortage in time I took a vest bustier and refashioned it to fit her. First the seams were taken in to make it a snugger fit. There were button holes created to match up with the bib collar buttons and also sewed the same bib fabric to the bottom of the vest to create the illusion of the fake tuxedo shirt sticking out. This also added length to the vest ensemble. To further complete the costume, I made spats and wrist cuffs. Since it was made for my daughter (child) it needed to have a splash of fun and color. So the spats and cuffs were made in chameleon green nylon fabric to tie in the green-plaid shorts (which were bought not made). The element of embellished fun I would have to say were the feet I made for her. The feet were made out of old crocs covered in foam, plastic canvas, and faux fur fabric. Several different types of sticky agents were used; duct tape, fabric glue, and a low heat glue gun. This was by far the messiest but most worth while effort. A little creative face make-up done with eyeliners, eyeshadows, and blush then also some gum glue and fishing wire for her whiskers and voilà! My little bunny was born!
The first picture she wore a Jacket (not made by me at all) because it was a cold day… the nice thing about it is that it looked good with her costume too, versus the school jacket that didn’t match at all