Bolero Vest

Added Mar 1, 2011

by Mandy Denham

Kansas City, Uni...

Photo_16_thumb

Views

2452

Bolero_vest_3_large

Description

All I could do with the free bolero jacket pattern. The pattern sleeves proved unwearable, so I decided to cut the armholes bigger and make it a vest.

Material Notes

vintage lilac wool, cotton bias binding, rickrack, a white china button, and stitched revolver detailing

Difficulty

Novice

Related Terms

Categories

Season
Spring
For
Women
Garment Type
Accessories
Style
Bohemian, Romantic, Vintage
Material
Cotton, Wool

2 Comments Sign in to add a post

  • Photo_16_large

    Mar 1, 2011, 01.58 PMby Mandy Denham

    tthanks! i sorta wish i had made a muslin first. I think the problem could have been fixed if the center back had been a bit longer. that was the piece that looked so weird once i got it all together. I wish the front could have remained intact because that dart looked perfect on my mannequin, and now it looks a little deep. If I try it again, I’ll re-post.

  • Sfondo_-1_large

    Mar 1, 2011, 06.48 AMby giunta

    you made really a beautiful work! i wanted to upload the original pattern of 19th century, so did not add any change, but i actually had problem with the sleeves too, trying to “modernize” it. i made a few boleros from this pattern, and for them i decided to put cap sleeves i re-drafted!

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites 2 people added it

This project is based on

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/bolero-vest