Added May 17, 2010
YOU NEED AS WELL: crepe-georgette for trimming; open-ended zipper; elastic; hook-and eye tape.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ADVICE: to prevent seam from stiffing, sew pieces with special (zigzag) stitch. To prevent hem from stiffing overcast it with overlocker and then stitch using double needle. Do the same for all edges must stay elastic.
1. Centre back – 1 folded piece
2. Side back – 2 pieces
3. Side front – 2 pieces
4. Centre front – 1 folded piece
5. Front inset – 2 pieces
6. Left ruffle – 2 pieces
7. Right ruffle – 1 folded piece
8. Strap – 2 pieces
1. Stitch the front/back curved edges. Stitch the side right seam.
2. Stitch the inset pieces together. Trim the seam allowances on the corners of the side front diagonally and stitch the inset to the front.
3. Neaten the ruffle long edges and the short edges of the left ruffle. Press the seam allowances to the wrong side and topstitch. Gather the top edges and stitch them to the leg openings between the marks.
4. Press the side left seam allowances to the wrong side of the body. Sew the zipper in. Stitch the elastic with zigzag stitch to the leg openings, stretching it more on the back.
7. Sew the hooks and eyes above the zipper.
8. Make up and topstitch the shoulder straps. Stitch them to the front inset; then try the body on and check the strap lengths. Sew the straps to the back curved seams.
FABRIC: silk or mixed material (duchess)
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.