Blue Shirting Tunic
Added Apr 2, 2010
North Hobart, Au...
Blue Shirting Tunic – I made this from some leftover material I had from a dress. It is the second attempt at the pattern (New Look 6892). First attempt was way too big as I didn’t check the finished garment measurements. The first attempt will be given away as a maternity dress! The pattern didn’t have a waist tie so I added it with the belt loops to hold it in place. The elastic casing and armholes are done using bias tape – this was the first time I used this technique and it was easier than I imagined. This is also the first project I have posted on this excellent site. Next one will be a burda pattern.
Blue shirting with fine metellic sliver thread