Added Jul 29, 2013
I finished my first pair of shorts! Hooray!
I had to take in the side seams and the inside leg seams. I also lengthened the shorts. Obviously, I only realised the shorts were so short when I tried them on, so I had to cut out and sew on a new piece for the cuffs.
My finished waistband was a bit on the small side, so I cut another piece and folded my new waistband on the seam. Does that make sense?
I also did my very first lapped zipper. I wish I had done some research on beforehand and used the Sandra Betzina method (featured here: http://www.threadsmagazine.com/item/3831/video-an-easy-flat-fly-front-zipper) instead of the Burda method. It makes more sense and would probably have turned out a little bit better. (Although I’m not totally unhappy with how my zipper looks now.)
More info here: http://lientjedriel.blogspot.be/2013/07/shorts.html
I used a cotton with some stretch and it suits this pattern perfectly. I was a little worried that this fabric might be a little on the thin side, but that wasn’t necessary really. It wrinkles a bit but not too much and feels light and breezy on a hot summer day.
You could win a social spotlight or full year subscription.
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
Pattern of the Week
This dress may have a simple silhouette but it consists of many panelled seams!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.