Added May 22, 2011
This dress is made with the lightest, softest, most wonderful Japanese cotton from Tessuti.
I love the neckline and little cap sleeves. I love the slim fit and I love the pockets. It really is quiite a perfect little dress!
The pattern came together quite well, but I did make some modifications, nothing terribly major though.
- I reshaped the sleeves as in their original form they are HUGE! More like wings, than little cap sleeves.
- I added about an inch to the bodice, so that it finished at my natural waist. I knew I wanted to wear a skinny belt with this dress, not the one that is included with the pattern, so this mod was necessary to do this.
- I also taped the shoulder seam so they fitted more to the shape of my shoulder.
- I was concerned about how blousey the top of the dress was going to be, so I adjusted the waist by reducing the size of the tucks on the front of the dress.
- the front neckline was raised just slightly, by about a quarter of an inch, to help hide my under garments
Fashion & Trends
Style this summer favorite for early and late fall.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's latest mash up and see other BurdaStyle member's variations!
Sporty dresses, oversized cardigans, and easy tops in jersey and knits.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.