Added Feb 6, 2013
When one of my friends made a fab dress from this fabric of mine, there was a lot of it left. When I figured the design to use, it turned out that (story of my life) I had just enough. I actually love that feeling.
I used a simple T-shirt pattern for the upper part, added minisleeves, created a ‘waterfall’ neckline and tailered it to create a nice fit. As a finishing touch I made a very long belt/scarf sortof thing to emphasize my waist (what’s left of it after having three kids :) ). The mid part that is sitting in the front I stabalized by using interfacing. Last but not least I added the frills at the hem using the very last little bits.
cotton viscose jersey
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.