Added Mar 17, 2013
Charlotte Hall, ...
For this dress, I used a DuBarry pattern from the 1940s (I included a pic in the project photos).
I made several alterations to the pattern. I didn’t add the yoke (I don’t like high necklines), and I used bias tape and top-stitched around the neckline. I adjusted the shoulders at the neckline to account for the missing yoke. Many vintage patterns have unbelievable amounts of ease, and this one was no exception. So, I took the dress in a tad on the sides. I also made the sleeves tighter than they were originally. Unfortunately, I ended up making them a little too tight for my taste, but they work. The dress is also significantly shorter than the original pattern.
If you would like to see more pictures or details, feel free to take a look at this post.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.