Added Mar 14, 2013
JJ blouse 6009 was the prototype for the bodice and the skirt is simply a gathered rectangle( length of the blanket case). I had to alter the pattern to close-up bust dart and to shorten the length. I also draw a neckline for front and back.
The biggest challenge was to line the bodice and to finish the sleeve opening. I did not look for instructions and improvised my way through but later on I found out that this is exactly the right way – each sleeve is stitched from wrong side from the side seam to the shoulder seem and again – in opposite direction.
This Horrockses-inspired dress is modeled with two petticoates that I created last month.
I am posting another project to show the dummy Alfoncina that I bought just this past weekend and the petticoats used for all of the dresses.
I look forward to summer to have a chance to wear the dresses.
Post-comment: I fell in love with this horrockses vintage dress
and the proect was inspired by it.
I used an odd colored bed set for this project. It only took one pillowcase for bodice and half of a double blanket-case for the skirt (it is still enough left for another dress).
it is 100% cotton but rather poor quality – made in Russia.
Very cheap poly is used for the lining – I better buy beter quality fabric next time :-)
I also used left-over clear buttons since I did not have a zipper :-)
I also found a small patch of fabric for the belt – just because it matched so well with the color of the blooms :)
Sewing & Techniques
Say goodbye to skipped stitches and damaged seams!
Fashion & Trends
Flaunt those curves in Kim-approved bombshell looks.
50 Select Red, White, and Blue patterns are 50% off!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.