Added Aug 1, 2008
The original pattern for this dress was BWOF 11/2006 #130
A petite model, that I altered a LOT. First, I had to lengthen it in the waist area, since I’m not petite at all (I am 175cm tall) – I added around 2-3cm to the waist length. Then, since this dress isn’t actually a shirt dress, I added button closure, and altered the collar to make it look like a shirt collar. I removed the back shoulder block and made back block pattern from one piece. Finally, I used sleeves from the blouse BWOF 1/2008 #108 – which I also altered by reducing the puff. I added white buttons as a detail – this was quite spontaneous, I matched the buttons I had in my stash with the dress and these ones caught my eye. The dress lost the safari look (which was my initial idea), and got more feminine, girly look, but I like it a lot :)
Black cotton, buttons
Hit the city streets in adventurous looks with utilitarian details like cargo pockets and belts.
Twists on feminine classics, like a bold patterned shift dress and pants with a racing stripe.
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.