Added Mar 2, 2008
My newest dress! Made from a vintage pattern (again… I have two boxes of these and I’m actually starting to use them! gasp). I tweaked the original design here and there. Most notably I shortened the dress length by about 9”, since I knew the loose-fitting shape would one be flattering if its knee length or slightly above on me. I also used the shorter sleeve view (that is pictured in the tunic-top view on the original pattern), widened along the sides and re-shaped the bottom edge. I added a narrow, 3/8” band as a “cuff” to finish the sleeves. I love how they bell-shape turned out!!
The fabric I purchased on the clearance table at my favorite fabric store. Its a super-soft, cotton, black and white windowpane plaid. I love, love, love windowpane plaids!! Problem was, the entire piece was less than 2 yards and had a large chunk out of one end. So it took a bit of figuring to get the pieces to all fit, but they did—hurrah!
Its finally starting to warm up, so I wore this to church and can’t wait to wear it again and again; it’ll be perfect through the early summer!
cotton, vintage buttons
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's finished Mash Up project of her denim suit and see how you can sew along!
Fashion & Trends
Dress like your favorite heroine from Disney's Frozen.
This web seminar will teach you tricks to sewing and cutting silk successfully!
See one of the techniques you'll learn in November's Fabric Design course.
Cozy scarf collars, dressed up sweats, and essential dresses.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.