Added Mar 2, 2008
My newest dress! Made from a vintage pattern (again… I have two boxes of these and I’m actually starting to use them! gasp). I tweaked the original design here and there. Most notably I shortened the dress length by about 9”, since I knew the loose-fitting shape would one be flattering if its knee length or slightly above on me. I also used the shorter sleeve view (that is pictured in the tunic-top view on the original pattern), widened along the sides and re-shaped the bottom edge. I added a narrow, 3/8” band as a “cuff” to finish the sleeves. I love how they bell-shape turned out!!
The fabric I purchased on the clearance table at my favorite fabric store. Its a super-soft, cotton, black and white windowpane plaid. I love, love, love windowpane plaids!! Problem was, the entire piece was less than 2 yards and had a large chunk out of one end. So it took a bit of figuring to get the pieces to all fit, but they did—hurrah!
Its finally starting to warm up, so I wore this to church and can’t wait to wear it again and again; it’ll be perfect through the early summer!
cotton, vintage buttons
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.