Added Feb 20, 2013
For the upper part of this dress I used white poplin and the Danielle pattern with altered neckline. The skirt is made of jersey and has many pleats (I used model 105 from Burda 10/2007). The compination of the two patterns was easy and needed no alteration. The result is very very flattering ( in my opinion better than the original Danielle), as the jersey pleated skirt drapes and mooves flirty.
I planned to make a simple dress without embellishments for everyday use. Accidentally I made a hole with my scissors at the back bodice. The dress was already finished and I couldn’t redo the whole from the beginning. So the only solution I could think was to put some lace and ric rac to cover the damage. I also put ric rac and lace all over, to make the whole embellishment look as it was made on purpose. Thanks god I have long hair so it isn’t very noticeable. I ended with an evening dress, as the only lace I had in my stash was one with glossy little things, as you can see in the last photo.
Hope you like it!
Revamp those outdated wardrobe staples with chic designs in crisp white and classic denim...
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.