Added Oct 4, 2012
by Julia Morley
This dress was supposed to be a flapper dress using some fringe that I got from the Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse. I started with Burda 8045 with plans to modify the skirt to add fringe to it. But somewhere in the process, I decided I didn’t like it anymore. I liked the bodice, though, so rather than wasting it I added the skirt from Simplicity 2549. And by some miracle, it actually came out ok! I did chop off the bottom of the skirt, eliminating the slit in the back.
I was going to bead the waistband in gold, but now that I look at it I wonder if simpler is better. What do you think?
The skirt is made from a heavy cotton blend and the bodice is made from some type of knit from my stash that I can’t identify.
Fashion & Trends
Save 50% On 27 Stunning Dress Patterns with the code NYE2014!
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.