Added Jul 3, 2011
So happy with how this turned out! I used a pattern drafting book to draft the bodice pattern. The fabric is from a childrens duvet-cover that I found at the Salvation Army two years ago. First I made it into a simple skirt but then I took it apart to make this dress.
Inspired by Betty Draper and Tasia’s Betty Draper inspired dress!
I’m also proud of the inside of the dress :)
Read more about this dress and the making of it on my blog
cotton, underlining fabric
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.