Added Jul 3, 2011
So happy with how this turned out! I used a pattern drafting book to draft the bodice pattern. The fabric is from a childrens duvet-cover that I found at the Salvation Army two years ago. First I made it into a simple skirt but then I took it apart to make this dress.
Inspired by Betty Draper and Tasia’s Betty Draper inspired dress!
I’m also proud of the inside of the dress :)
Read more about this dress and the making of it on my blog
cotton, underlining fabric
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.