Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for my darling.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all, from chaperone to poulaines, in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a blue chaperone with liripipe(hat)
- a red cotton shirt
- a red and blue taffetas short gown
- a joined particolored hose with cod piece
- a purse
- a pair of velvet poulaines sewn over a pair of slippers
I used these books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see my “Lady of middle ages” costume here :
taffeta, velvet, panne velvet, cotton
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.