Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for my darling.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all, from chaperone to poulaines, in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a blue chaperone with liripipe(hat)
- a red cotton shirt
- a red and blue taffetas short gown
- a joined particolored hose with cod piece
- a purse
- a pair of velvet poulaines sewn over a pair of slippers
I used these books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see my “Lady of middle ages” costume here :
taffeta, velvet, panne velvet, cotton
Trousers, blazers, and blouses in cool neutrals have model-off-duty style.
Create unique and on-trend swimwear with the BurdaStyle Swimsuit Sloper!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.