Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for my darling.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all, from chaperone to poulaines, in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a blue chaperone with liripipe(hat)
- a red cotton shirt
- a red and blue taffetas short gown
- a joined particolored hose with cod piece
- a purse
- a pair of velvet poulaines sewn over a pair of slippers
I used these books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see my “Lady of middle ages” costume here :
taffeta, velvet, panne velvet, cotton
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.