Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for my darling.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all, from chaperone to poulaines, in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a blue chaperone with liripipe(hat)
- a red cotton shirt
- a red and blue taffetas short gown
- a joined particolored hose with cod piece
- a purse
- a pair of velvet poulaines sewn over a pair of slippers
I used these books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see my “Lady of middle ages” costume here :
taffeta, velvet, panne velvet, cotton
Find your favorite fantasy silhouette in body-skimming satin and frothy tulle.
Member Project of the Week
Jaderbug is set to stun with a sequined mermaid skirt.
Sparkling styles for every fashionista in the premiere Winter 2014 issue of BurdaStyle US!
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.