Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for my darling.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all, from chaperone to poulaines, in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a blue chaperone with liripipe(hat)
- a red cotton shirt
- a red and blue taffetas short gown
- a joined particolored hose with cod piece
- a purse
- a pair of velvet poulaines sewn over a pair of slippers
I used these books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see my “Lady of middle ages” costume here :
taffeta, velvet, panne velvet, cotton
Join us at The Sewing Studio for the quilting event of the season!
Show us your sloper projects for a chance to win fabric, a free pattern, and Mend & Make Fabulous!
Pattern of the Week
Let in the sun in this oversized top
Ruffles and ruching make crush-worthy tops, dresses, and skirts.
Fashion & Trends
Sew this cute style from Chanel's F/W 14 Couture Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.