Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Sewing & Techniques
Say goodbye to skipped stitches and damaged seams!
Fashion & Trends
Flaunt those curves in Kim-approved bombshell looks.
50 Select Red, White, and Blue patterns are 50% off!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.