Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014- 12/26/2014 Only!
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.