Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.