Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Join us at The Sewing Studio for the quilting event of the season!
Show us your sloper projects for a chance to win fabric, a free pattern, and Mend & Make Fabulous!
Pattern of the Week
Let in the sun in this oversized top
Ruffles and ruching make crush-worthy tops, dresses, and skirts.
Fashion & Trends
Sew this cute style from Chanel's F/W 14 Couture Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.