Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
Get 9 patterns specially picked for shorter stitchers.
Member Project of the Week
Suzeb's superhero inspired swimsuit will make you want to be a kid again!
See how Burda members are styling pants for summer.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.