Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Pattern of the Week
Everyone needs a basic and elegant blouse to wear everyday, and this one could not be easier to sew!
Find your favorite fantasy silhouette in body-skimming satin and frothy tulle.
Member Project of the Week
Jaderbug is set to stun with a sequined mermaid skirt.
Sparkling styles for every fashionista in the premiere Winter 2014 issue of BurdaStyle US!
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.