Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Sewing & Techniques
Watch this free tutorial on how transform your basic skirt pattern into a flowy A-line silhouette!
Pattern of the Week
Turn down this jacket’s deep shawl collar for the illusion of a coat that slips off the shoulder!
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.