Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
How to Grade, Draft, Design, and Sew!
Go far afield in wrap dresses, detailed jackets, and comfy separates for fall.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Check out Meg's finished Mash Up project of her denim suit and see how you can sew along!
Fashion & Trends
Dress like your favorite heroine from Disney's Frozen.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.