Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Pattern of the Week
This fitted jacket will keep you warm and stylish on those cool summer nights!
Dive back into 1956 with this stylish two in one pant suit pattern!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.