Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Create unique and on-trend swimwear with the BurdaStyle Swimsuit Sloper!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.