Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Break out the floral prints for this 1940s inspired spring collection.
Enter each week to win great prizes!
Behind the seams with Marina von Koenig Part 2
Get all 11 of these retro inspired patterns for one low price!
Pattern of the Week
Hippie meets grunge in this plaid top with flared sleeves and a round neckline.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.