Added Oct 15, 2011
Here is a medieval-style costumes sewn for myself.
There are two different costumes, one for me and one for my boyfriend.
I’ve sewn all in two weeks with fabrics of Recycling and cheap.
Here is the list of parts that make up the costume:
- a green silk troncated hennin with false gem and black veil
- a green kirtle cutted in a bed sheet with golden thread details
- a golden taffetas opened cotehardie with yellow silk tippets
- a tapestry belt with metal ornaments
I used these great books as a reference :
- the medieval tailor’s assistant
- costume of the medieval world
- the medieval world
- medieval costumes paper dolls
you can see the costume of my Lord/boyfriend here :
Silk, cotton, taffetas, golden thread
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.