Added May 23, 2013
I liked the lovely ‘Belted Blouse’ in last summer’s issue, so I took some jade cotton and painted white dragonflies with textile paint . The end project is not as successful as planned, my cotton was too coarse/stiff, as well as the wrong colour. Somehow it ended up looking like scrubs from an ER. A more fluid cotton next time, and not green or blue!
Only change I made to the pattern: the armholes were gaping and revealing the bra, so I made them smaller.
My mom helped me descipher the instructions, for a novice it wasn’t so explicit. I’m not sure I placed the shoulder straps correctly, I believe they were supposed to align with the 4cm seam… but then the front and back collided. So I sewed them a bit further apart (see photo of wrong side). When worn it looks OK now.
(too stiff) cotton
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.