Added May 23, 2013
I liked the lovely ‘Belted Blouse’ in last summer’s issue, so I took some jade cotton and painted white dragonflies with textile paint . The end project is not as successful as planned, my cotton was too coarse/stiff, as well as the wrong colour. Somehow it ended up looking like scrubs from an ER. A more fluid cotton next time, and not green or blue!
Only change I made to the pattern: the armholes were gaping and revealing the bra, so I made them smaller.
My mom helped me descipher the instructions, for a novice it wasn’t so explicit. I’m not sure I placed the shoulder straps correctly, I believe they were supposed to align with the 4cm seam… but then the front and back collided. So I sewed them a bit further apart (see photo of wrong side). When worn it looks OK now.
(too stiff) cotton
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
Celebrate with lovely dresses, sparkly dolman tees, and an embellished peplum skirt.
This week’s new BurdaStyle Videos release is "Sewing a Thread-Chain Belt Loop." Check it out!
Comment to Win
Tell us what's on your wishlist to win this exciting software package!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.