Added May 23, 2013
I liked the lovely ‘Belted Blouse’ in last summer’s issue, so I took some jade cotton and painted white dragonflies with textile paint . The end project is not as successful as planned, my cotton was too coarse/stiff, as well as the wrong colour. Somehow it ended up looking like scrubs from an ER. A more fluid cotton next time, and not green or blue!
Only change I made to the pattern: the armholes were gaping and revealing the bra, so I made them smaller.
My mom helped me descipher the instructions, for a novice it wasn’t so explicit. I’m not sure I placed the shoulder straps correctly, I believe they were supposed to align with the 4cm seam… but then the front and back collided. So I sewed them a bit further apart (see photo of wrong side). When worn it looks OK now.
(too stiff) cotton
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.