Added May 23, 2013
I liked the lovely ‘Belted Blouse’ in last summer’s issue, so I took some jade cotton and painted white dragonflies with textile paint . The end project is not as successful as planned, my cotton was too coarse/stiff, as well as the wrong colour. Somehow it ended up looking like scrubs from an ER. A more fluid cotton next time, and not green or blue!
Only change I made to the pattern: the armholes were gaping and revealing the bra, so I made them smaller.
My mom helped me descipher the instructions, for a novice it wasn’t so explicit. I’m not sure I placed the shoulder straps correctly, I believe they were supposed to align with the 4cm seam… but then the front and back collided. So I sewed them a bit further apart (see photo of wrong side). When worn it looks OK now.
(too stiff) cotton
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.