Added May 23, 2013
I liked the lovely ‘Belted Blouse’ in last summer’s issue, so I took some jade cotton and painted white dragonflies with textile paint . The end project is not as successful as planned, my cotton was too coarse/stiff, as well as the wrong colour. Somehow it ended up looking like scrubs from an ER. A more fluid cotton next time, and not green or blue!
Only change I made to the pattern: the armholes were gaping and revealing the bra, so I made them smaller.
My mom helped me descipher the instructions, for a novice it wasn’t so explicit. I’m not sure I placed the shoulder straps correctly, I believe they were supposed to align with the 4cm seam… but then the front and back collided. So I sewed them a bit further apart (see photo of wrong side). When worn it looks OK now.
(too stiff) cotton
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.