Belt with a Bow
Added Oct 13, 2011
New York, New Yo...
– Cut 2 pieces of fabric and 2 pieces of fusible interfacing: your waist measurement – 4″ (- 2.5 cm) for the length and 5″ (12.7cm) for the width
– Three 4″ (2.5 cm) pieces of 1/2″ (3.8 cm) wide elastic
– 7″ x 11″ (17.8 × 28 cm) piece of fabric
– 7″ x 11″ (17.8 × 28 cm) piece of interfacing
– 31/2″ x 2″ (1.4 × 5 cm) piece of fabric
- Hook & eye (2 small, or one large)
Step 1: With right sides together, take fabric pieces and sew each one around leaving one short end open.
Step 2: Trim seam allowance. Cut corners. Turn right sides out.
Step 3: On open sides, turn in 1/2″ (1.3 cm) for seam allowance.
Step 4: Insert 1/2″ (1.3 cm) of each elastic piece into one side of belt and edge stitch closed, then repeat for other side.
Step 5: Apply interfacing to 7″ x 11″ (17.8 × 28 cm) bow piece.
Step 6: With right sides together, sew pieces of fabric leaving a small opening on one long edge.
Step 7: Trim seam allowances. Cut corners. Turn right sides out.
Step 8: Edge stitch small opening. This will be your bow.
Step 9: Take 3 1/2″x 2″ (1.4 × 5 cm) bow piece. Turn each edge to the center, then fold finished edges together. Stitch. This will be the center part of the bow.
Step 10: Take the big bow piece and wrap small piece around it. Once you have made a bow, stitch small piece together using a hand sewing needle.
Step 11: Sew bow on to one edge of belt.
Step 12: Using hand sewing needle and thread, sew on hook and eye.
- written by
- originally published on