Added Apr 10, 2013
I loved making this dress. The neck, back was a bit awkward so I gave in and got my tailors dummy from the loft! The fabric is Amy Butler and is a lovely weight for dresses. I used satin bias binding for the back detail and pockets and I made the binding from the fabric for the arm holes. The pattern is really easy to use, and I used the size 38, I didn’t need any adjustments, except bringing the zip in a half inch at the upper back area. I seem to have to do this on most of my dresses. The dress came together really quickly, only near the end I realised I’d put the back sections on wrong, I don’t think it matters though. And the neck binding caused me worry. Will wear this Friday. Yippee!
Amy Butler cotton fabric
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.