Added Feb 26, 2012
I sewed a little risque/tacky/cute lingerie set for Valentines’!
For me, I chose the Bikini #108B pattern from the 06/2011 issue of Burda mag. The whole set came together in one evening, which is pretty quick by my standards!
The bottoms were exactly what I wanted – tiny and bloomer/court-jester-like, and so cuuute! The bra top was a different story. Either the fit is terrible, or my anatomy is completely weird. I cut my usual size 36 but the cups came out spaced so terribly far apart that I had trouble keeping the straps from falling off my shoulders. And I do NOT have narrow shoulders! Needless to say my boobs came peeping out every few minutes, which is not what I want in a bikini. Maybe it’s the slipperiness of the material doing it? Sadly I will not be making this in cotton – my dainty boobs always require padded covers.
For him, I traced off the boxers from an existing pair, and since boxers are pretty forgiving anyway these fitted pretty well.
More details on the project (and Mr Tropical’s response to it!) on my blog.
Half a metre of extra-wide slumber satin for both his and her set
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.