Added Feb 26, 2012
I sewed a little risque/tacky/cute lingerie set for Valentines’!
For me, I chose the Bikini #108B pattern from the 06/2011 issue of Burda mag. The whole set came together in one evening, which is pretty quick by my standards!
The bottoms were exactly what I wanted – tiny and bloomer/court-jester-like, and so cuuute! The bra top was a different story. Either the fit is terrible, or my anatomy is completely weird. I cut my usual size 36 but the cups came out spaced so terribly far apart that I had trouble keeping the straps from falling off my shoulders. And I do NOT have narrow shoulders! Needless to say my boobs came peeping out every few minutes, which is not what I want in a bikini. Maybe it’s the slipperiness of the material doing it? Sadly I will not be making this in cotton – my dainty boobs always require padded covers.
For him, I traced off the boxers from an existing pair, and since boxers are pretty forgiving anyway these fitted pretty well.
More details on the project (and Mr Tropical’s response to it!) on my blog.
Half a metre of extra-wide slumber satin for both his and her set
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.