Added Aug 8, 2012
This is a dress I made as my final project at college for my 1st year. I made the pattern myself and used an inexpensive fabric in case it went wrong, but thankfully it turned out fine.
It was relatively easy to make, except that I somehow worked out the wrong measurements on the model, but after a couple of fittings, it fitted her perfectly. Shame I didn’t have my camera at college when she put it on as you would be able to see how gorgeous she looked. I made a corset back with a modestly panel so that it could fit different people. The skirt is just a straight forward circular skirt.
It’s made of a lightweight cotton fabric and has two underskirts. The bodice is lined with two layers of lining and one of underlining and has regilene boning for a more fitted look.
Cotton, silk lining, regilene boning, satin ribbon, petersham ribbon, thread
Leopard and snakeskin are the new neutrals.
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.