Added Mar 4, 2012
I made this set using a printable pdf that’s for sale here:
It was really easy and in a great size for a vintage pattern.
To make the contrasting top and bottom strips I just cut 2 more of the waistband piece and sewed it on like bias tape before sewing any of my seams together.
You can read more about this project on my blog A Few Threads Loose:
For the shorts fabric I used a stretch cotton sateen from fabric.com that they unfortunately don’t sell anymore. As much as I love the sateen effect on cotton (ah, sateen sheets) it’s a complete cat hair magnet so I’ll probably avoid it in the future.
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.