Added Mar 4, 2012
Apo, United States
I made this set using a printable pdf that’s for sale here:
It was really easy and in a great size for a vintage pattern.
To make the contrasting top and bottom strips I just cut 2 more of the waistband piece and sewed it on like bias tape before sewing any of my seams together.
You can read more about this project on my blog A Few Threads Loose:
For the shorts fabric I used a stretch cotton sateen from fabric.com that they unfortunately don’t sell anymore. As much as I love the sateen effect on cotton (ah, sateen sheets) it’s a complete cat hair magnet so I’ll probably avoid it in the future.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.