Barely saved coat
Added May 3, 2011
Winter coat made two seasons ago. In the beginning I decided to use the same pattern as for my former project – extremely red autumn coat from Burda Magazine 9/2009, model 115. The idea was to cut it in a slight A shape, replace raglan sleeves with regular 2 piece sleeves and add some soft belt.
During the first fitting I realised that my coat looks awful. Wrong fabric for such pattern (sometimes I’m really surprised where my stupid ideas come from). Then I tried to save what’s possible. I finished by adding big faux fur wristbands and collar and decorative extra big buttons. The decorative seams on the bodice are hand-stitched. Coat is lined with batting and rayon lining including some piping. For closure I used snap fasteners. There are pockets in front seams.
Such a barely saved project but it’s warm at least.
Wool blend, lining – batting + rayon, interlining, faux fur, 5 snap fasteners, 2 decorative buttons