Added Apr 25, 2011
this was my first project this year, when i was on my winter holiday. the fabric reminded me of some 90’s art (Ken Done in particular came to my mind). i remember having pieces of clothings back in the 90’s that looked similar..(though i can’t really remember exactly what.)
since the colours and shapes are already screaming, i decided to make a simple pair of shorts from it, with rubber band on the waist part. after i finished making them, it dawned on me that the colours are actually Barbapapa colours!
so of course i name them the Barbapapa shorts. you can imagine that the shapes are actually Barbapapas hiding on my shorts, haha!
since i only had a bit of the fabric, the hem allowance was too short that after i sew it, they just keep getting rolled upwards. so i sew some wide bias tape over the hem allowance from the inside (you can see a bit of it on the last pic). i THINK it solves the problem. we’ll see how it goes!
50cm of cotton jersey (should be a bit more), 1cm wide rubber band (+ bias tape, in my case..)