Added Jun 19, 2012
The top was made with Banksia top pattern by Megan Nielsen, the fabric is very thin black cotton with red heart-shaped buttons on the placket.
The shorts were made with Iris shorts pattern by Colette. I made them in size 2 with no alteration. Usually I’m a size 0 in Colette patterns, but the finished size measurements showed that there is only 1/2 inches ease around the waist. I thought that this is too little to be comfortable so I chose size 2.
It fits perfectly well around my waist and not too big around my hip, although it is size 2. The crotch is quite close-fitting, and I think it makes the back area looks better than the usually low-crotch RTW pants. However, there is a lot of lines around the center front, also there’s a bit of diagonal lines in the back side. Maybe I should have made some fitting alterations to the pants, but I have no idea what kind of alteration that I need to eliminate these lines.
Anyway, the fabric is a meter of twill that I found in my stash, and I have completely forgotten where I got it from. I think it is linen/cotton mix and it is very comfortable against the skin, perfect for summer.
also blogged here
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.