Added Feb 11, 2011
Bedford, United ...
this is my variation of the Sean Skirt #6063, I started this project quite a wile ago but never got round to finishing it.
I was constantly altering the skirt as I went along, and then changing it back towards the original pattern. its far from perfect, the wast band starts slightly higher on one side, and the middle tier has been sewn slightly wonky. but over all im happy with the result.
In stead of having an invisible zipper in the side seem, I put a chunky zipper in the center back, so that it was on show. I also made the zipper go to the top of the waist band, instead of putting in a button.
I have also elasticated the waist band so that the skirt can ever be worn on the waist or at the hips.
when it came to the overall finish of the skirt, I had deconstructionism in mind, but i still wanted to have the skirt look well finished. As a result i used french seems on all of the skirt panels and went over them in top stitching to give a well finished look. Following this I took my embellisher to the skirt pieces to distress the fabric.
lining fabric (it was most likely polyester, only im not shore)
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.