Added Mar 30, 2014
Last week I made another summer top of a very pretty digital print silk from Tessuti that I had bought in Brussels months ago – and I was quite afraid to ruin it as it had been rather expensive. Once again I used this very simple Burdastyle pattern but I changed it a lot – I added bust darts, omitted the sleeves, made the shirt a lot smaller and I also left the back open. The two back parts are held together with pairs of buttons that are connected with thin chains. Of the leftover fabric I sewed a scarf and used the same pair of buttons as a fastening, I am pretty sure that this will look nice together with other blouses too.
You can see a few more pictures on my blog, Draped in Cloudlets.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.