Added Dec 16, 2012
In november my boyfriend’s niece was born. I made this vintage dress for the baby. It was my first dress I made for a baby and I think it’s hell to make. I thought it would take only a few hours intensive sewing. But it ended up to be a project of a couple of evenings. I found it fun to make the bloomers, they are so cute.
I made a mistake and overlooked the fact that the pattern did include seam allowances. This is why the dress ended up being a little bigger then I wanted. But children grow so it won’t be a disaster :D
This project is based on Burda Easy 9802
For more of my projects you can visit my blog http://kathoprojects.blogspot.be/
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.