Added Feb 23, 2010
Preston, United ...
A shirt I made using black n white 1/4in check cotton fabric – note the sleeves are rolled up on purpose, and not because somehow I managed to sew on one sleeve the wrong way, despite matching up the notches correctly!!! The plackets are facing different ways, one back, one front! Think I must have gotten mixed up with the fabric being exactly the same front and back.
So yet another project with a steep learning curve for me! Other than that, was pleased with how it turned out. Used binding on the hem – I hate doing baby hems, find them hard work and fiddly but I’ll give it a whirl again next time. Learned how to stitch yokes, cuffs, and collars on this project which I found really useful and easier than I thought it would be once i got started.
I want to try and make the Talea coat – have my fabric ready and waiting here but after this performance, I think I better flex and exercise my sewing muscles a bit more yet!
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.