Added Apr 23, 2014
♫ ♪ Awkward
While I was still in a mood for sewing shorts, it was time to make basic black one.. The pattern is # 111 from Burda 10/2010, with same modifications as I made with my psychedelic shorts .. Only instead of using piping, I used silver ric rac braid.. It turned out too short after normal hemming, so I did it again with bias tape to make it 1-2cm longer.. In the end I like first shorts better..
The shirt is pattern #105A from Burda 03/2014.. I liked its casual loose fit and it would go well with high waist shorts.. The fabric is white rayon, found in remnant box.. My first plan was to use it for making a work outfit for archaeological fieldwork.. For that purpose I buy fabrics which I don’t like very much or are too crazy for normal life.. With this shirt, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.. It has nice details, and I remembered on time to use the piping.. I also found small heart shaped buttons for cuffs.. The only thing that looks strange is split neckline and collar.. In the original pattern, there are buttons on collar.. I thought that maybe it would make it better, and after trying with pins there was no difference.. It just looks sloppy.. Also the split is very deep, and it’s all open so I need to wear a shirt underneath the blouse.. I still need to fix that little problem.. I have few ideas – sewing hooks and eyes, adding a trim so I could tie a bow and close the collar.. Maybe I’ll find some other solution.. Until that happens, I’ll just wear it with a shirt..
- Behind the camera