Added Mar 4, 2012
This dress was made with just 2 meters of 110cm fabric! I did have to muck around alot with it as I didn’t add the seam allowance before I cut it!! I was worried it was going to be far too small so I added hand made loops and buttons to give extra space at the center front. I also added a ruffle to the hem to make it longer. I’m pretty happy with the outcome. I feel like going to the museum in this dress.
100 % cotton Voile (Tessuti Melbourne City)
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.