Added Apr 26, 2011
It took me months to finish this dress, (no time, too cold in my studio,…) so I was verry happy when I finished it a month ago! But I did’n like it AT ALL, the sleeves where too pouffy, the bodice was not right,…
So I had to redo those things. I shortened the sleeves 3 cm, and instead of two pleats in te bodice, I made pintucks. It looks a lot nicer now!
This dress is based on a pattern from Burda magazine 2009, I think April or May,… I had to enlarge the pattern from size 42 to a size 46
On the pattern, the zipper is on the back, but I had to put it in the sideseam as I didnt have enough fabric to ad extra seams at the back.
The fabric was very cheap, 3 euro/metre. It’s a silk (I think) chiffon, it has satin flowers and polka dots. As it is see trough, I had to line it. For this I used a light green Venezia lining. I prefer this lining as it does’nt wrinkle and feels fresh to wear. My lining was more expensive than the fabric,…
The fabric was not easy to work with, it dances around when you cut it or when you try to make pleats.
Especialy the making of those “balloon” sleeves,…
Silk chiffon, Venezia lining, invisible zipper, one button, guttermann yarn.
Fashion & Trends
A refresher course on some of this season's top runway trends.
One of the most beloved American designers passed last night. We look back at a few of his designs.
Fashion & Trends
Shop top selling silk patterns, just in time for Thursday's web seminar.
Dress up outerwear with deep shawl collars and sew up a lovely fitted dress with a flounced hemline.
Comment To Win
Share your top fabric care tips for a chance to be in the magazine, and to get the issue for free!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.