Added Sep 6, 2008
Finally! My cape! I actually had it finished for a few weeks but i never got around to taking pictures. So yes, here it is. And I’m SO pleased with it! As always, I don’t have enough patience to make all the seams correct…But it doesn’t show;) I had a bit of trouble with the lining because I never have never sewn anything with a lining before. But all in all the pattern was easy to follow. The instructions were a bit harder but I used my brain so it all worked out! I made the tunnel for the belt but it looks better without it. I also think the sleeves could have been a little longer but I’ll survive and be smarter the next time. (I’m tall but I never consider it). I chose a pink lining for a little bit of accent.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.