Added Jan 28, 2013
I made this dress a while ago for a photo shoot a couple of years ago. I just recently did some changes to the design to make it more modern and wearable. I changed the sleeves from loose bell sleeves to a more fitted look by gathering them between the neck and underarm using a shirring technique. I also changed it from a floor length maxi dress to an asymmetrical skirt. I think that it makes it more modern, but yet still has the 1900s inspired style.
More on my blog: esther-fromthesticks.blogspot.com/2013/01/be-still-know.html
Lace, elastic thread, thread.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.