Added Jan 28, 2013
I made this dress a while ago for a photo shoot a couple of years ago. I just recently did some changes to the design to make it more modern and wearable. I changed the sleeves from loose bell sleeves to a more fitted look by gathering them between the neck and underarm using a shirring technique. I also changed it from a floor length maxi dress to an asymmetrical skirt. I think that it makes it more modern, but yet still has the 1900s inspired style.
More on my blog: esther-fromthesticks.blogspot.com/2013/01/be-still-know.html
Lace, elastic thread, thread.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.